Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pep talk.

So I went on  a walk yesterday, I even had my husband take a picture that I could post but it was a huge reality check. My thighs were huge and Nothing in that picture was attractive, it was embarressing. So I am keeping the picture but not posting it.  For today I am going to give myself a pep talk. Here it is:
"The average American woman is 164 pounds and 5'4". That's about 35 pounds heavier and six inches shorter than the average supermodel."
          "Venus would have been 5'5" 160 pounds and a size 12."
There are many many many beautiful woman who are proud of who they are and how they look and as I think about it more these are the women I admire:
  Queen Latifah, what a beautiful woman so proud to be herself just like I want to be!
“’Plus-size’ is a word we need to bury at this point … I wanted to make something size two and up. The truth is, we all would like to wear the same clothes. We all want to wear beautiful, fly clothes no matter what size you are, and so for me it was important to match with a company that understood and respected that ideal.”
 Beverly McClellan, was on the Voice and she didnt let anything stop her from being herself.
 Oprah Winfrey, what woman has more power? What woman has ever been more sure of herself and when she wasn't sure admitted it? This woman is kind smart and giving and her size has nothing to do with it!
"It is confidence in our bodies, minds and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures, new directions to grow in, and lessons to learn -- which is what life is all about"
 Brooke Elliott, have you seen Drop Dead Diva? Funny and sexy.
  "We're conditioned to believe that beauty comes in one specific package, but this project is dispelling that myth, saying that beauty is everywhere, in every body type, in every type of person,"

Thank you ladies...

3 comments:

  1. oh i love this post! makes me feel better about my after baby body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are beautiful just like all the people you look up to my hart! You make my hart race every time i come home and see you! your beautiful sexy smart loving sharing sweet and funny! keep it up but above all else like in your pep talk be proud of who you are your my rock star and a very sexy one (wink wink) love you my wife ( lol opps this is tony and i posted in my wifes email lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Oprah has shown us that no matter how wealthy or famous, or how much you can pay a trainer, every "body" ;) has trouble being perfect. She has yo-yoed with her weight in front of the nation. She is the "American Dream" of rags to riches and she still struggles. And I'm sure the women that I look at wishing I could look at could tell me at least 5 things they wish they could change about themselves. And today, I decided to appreciate my belly as a support shelf to held my growing boy!

    ReplyDelete