Monday, July 11, 2011

Light reading?

I will admit I felt very deflated (mentally not physically) after the fourth of July weekend when my "small changes" were not having the affect I had hoped for after reading THE FLEX DIET, in fact because of my emotional eating I gained weight.  Then I found a book called CARBOHYDRATE ADDICTS DIET and I got all excited again.  I ordered the book and was proptly bored.  It has taken me a week just to get to the diet part which is less than half way through the book. Now I am a fast reader. I read CATCHING FIRE (the second book in the fantastic series of Hunger Games) in about four hours. CARB ADDICTS book is a tough read. Very scientific and such (boring) The basis so far is that when a normal person eats, insulin is released to help digest the food and let the body know it's full.  When a carb addict eats the insulin is released the same as everyone else but in the wrong amounts.  When carb addicts eat things like fruit, breads and refined sugars, the insulin doesn't know what to do with itself and causes all sorts of havoc on the body. Their plan is to not eat carbs during breakfast and lunch but to feel free to have carbs at dinner as long as you eat two cups of salad first.  I haven't read any further, can I eat two cups of salad every night for the rest of my life? Could you?

my weight today is 188 and I am still doing the small changes I commited to doing so far....

2 comments:

  1. Two cups of salad EVERY day? I don't know if I could do it. Does it have to be salad? Can it be other vegies? I have mixed feelings about these high protein/fat diets. It seems to me like they aren't as healthy as lean protein/complex carbohydrate meals. On the other hand, I do know people that have lost weight on them. Be patient and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I know all we need to do is go back to the basics but the basics don't have brownies or ice cream or garlic bread :)

    ReplyDelete