Friday, July 15, 2011

Mango Banana muffins. Oh my goodness. yum.

I made these this morning and my husband and I have almost polished them off!  Delicious! So delicious! Amazingly delicious!

Mango Banana Muffins

2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

3 Eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1 Tbls lime juice
1 banana mashed
2 cup mango mashed/pureed

Mix the dry ingredients. Mix the wet ingredients in a seperate bowl. Mix the wet with the dry. Plop into the muffin tins with the muffin liners.  Heat oven to 375. Cook for 25 min or until done
I fill my muffin tin's only 3/4 the way full and got 30 muffins. Next time I would very much fill them all the way to the top for more full muffins!
side note: I added almond slices to my last batch and they were okay not great but not terrible :0
another side note: If you want to struedel your muffin tops: cut butter with a little flour with brown suga until you have a nice consistanticy then crumble it on top of your awesome creation.
GOOD LUCK. YUM!!!!

4 comments:

  1. How many mangoes does it take to get two cups?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are yummy, the are actually all gone! The kids came over this weekend and really enjoyed them! I pureeded my mango's so it took about two but I think you could chop them instead and they would be just as delicious of not more so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these for breakfast this morning. You are right- they are sooo yum! I made a couple of changes- I didn't have applesauce so I used plain yogurt and a little coconut oil in place of the applesauce and oil. And I used 1/4 cup Stevia in place of the sugar. Oh, and I threw in some walnuts and ground flax seed. The mango and lime gives it such an interesting flavor! Definitely will be making these again!

    ReplyDelete