Thursday, July 7, 2011

I am an addict

 For years and years I have been conviced I have a thyroid problem. I asked doctors to test me but to no avail. I have wondered and wondered what is wrong with me. Even when I eat right and exercise it's still an uphill battle to lose the weight. Then I read this article about Carbohydate addicts.  Symptoms include
1. I get tired and/or hungry in the afternoon.
2. I feel lethargic after a meal.
3. I have a hard time stopping once I eat my favorite carb foods (starches, sweets, snacks).
4. When I feel stressed, my first response is to want to eat something.
5. I can’t live without my favorite carb foods.
6. I have a tendency to binge.
7. I frequently crave high-carb foods (sweets, pasta, bread etc.)
8. I am a compulsive eater. I wish I could control my eating.
9. I am overweight even though I don’t really eat that much.
Oh my goodness it's me right there!  Does anyone else see this? Unbelievable!  If I buy a bag of dinner rolls from costco (we call them my crack rolls) I will of eaten them in three days or less. Most of the time I can't remember eating them! Would you believe I found alot of imformation on a SoberRecovery site? So I am ordering this book that says they can help and we will go from there! I need more information people! INFORMATION IS POWER

1 comment:

  1. It sure seems like the powers that be, along with most people in this country still thinks fat is the culprit for making everyone overweight. In reality sugar and refined carbs are mainly to blame. I still have a problem with programs that have a person loading up with greasy saturated fat, but what do I know? When will they start teaching us correct nutrition principles?! Can't wait to hear what you learn from this book.

    ReplyDelete