Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Halloween!!!

I have been avoiding talking about my weight because I have not lost any. None. Not a pound. So we are joining the family rec center near our house but not until rent is paid! So in the mean time.... Halloween is coming!! I love decorating for halloween. I have found some very cool decorations that I am going to make based on the dollar store!!! I will post them as I make them!

So my cousin is getting married and wants floating pearls in vases as her centerpiece. I think they are beautiful!
So I went to the craft store and found everything I needed to make them. Then I went to the dollar store and found they had the same things! But for a dollar!!
Pretty vase=1$
Aqua beads in a jar=1$
Beads=1$
Cool.
Once I got the elegant wedding centerpiece done, I had alot of stuff and nothing to do with it. So then I got creative. I decided to put these to use and make decorations for my house for halloween.
I went to the dollar store and picked up some skeletons and eye balls and this is what I ended up with!





The aqua beads are tricky to work with you have to find just the right amount of water vs aqua beads. However, my kids both think its cool with just the aqua beads or when the aqua beads start poking up ontop because they are getting dehydrated. It's also alot easier if you put the beads in and let them soak water for about half an hour then try to position your floating items!

2 comments: