Wednesday, September 5, 2012

To be or not to be



I believe that tattoo's are a form of storytelling. Ask anyone who has one and they have a story behind it or a meaning that is special to them.  I have a few tattoos and each one means something to me. My husband and I recently saved up enough to go get another one each. I had the hardest time trying to pick something because I wanted to honor my daughter but I aslo wanted want that reminded me to be me or better. I found several quotes I loved such as:

"Sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage" Benjamin Mee (the guy who bought the zoo)

"Do one thing every day that scares you." Eleanore Roosevelt


"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies" George R.R. Martin


"Well behaved women rarely make history" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

and last but not least I saw on pinterest that someone had framed this quote and put it in their living room
"Don't forget to be Awesome today" Nerdfighters

I had such a hard time. How do I pick one quote that would help me each day? I couldn't I really couldn't I loved them all.  So I decided to pick one word "Be" and that would let me look at it and choose what I needed to "Be" at that time and place.
I added the cat and butterflies for my daughter. They are her two major loves in life right now and they light up her whole face when she see's them.

So I choose to "Be" awesome my first week of "Being" stay tuned to find out how awesome I can be!

1 comment: